Thursday, April 22, 2010

earth day

...its not easy being green

farley and I have just returned from our morning walk.  it amazes me how beautiful it is [weather wise], compared to last year this time..  makes my mind wander to how simply complicated the earth is and everything on it.

today i hope everyone takes a minute to really reflect on what impact their lives has on our earth.  For getting more 'earth friendly', today i am: getting a bike [as mine was stolen] and putting it to use as my main mode of transport, starting my garden by seed [most was collected from last years produce], really try to shower in a shorter time.

would like to list some of the 'green' things that i do on a daily basis:
~ hang all our cloths on our cloths-line
~ grow & preserve our produce from our organic garden
~ mow the lawn with a push-reel mower
~ use a programable thermostat
~ use biodegradable bags for the little tash we get
~ compost
~ use a reusable metal water bottle
~ pick up trash while on my walks with Farley Sprocket
~ unplug items when not in use/ use powerbars which can be switched off
~ turn off lights when not in the room
~ really try my hardest to follow the 3 R's:
               -reduce what i buy
               -reuse everything can have a 2nd chance!
               -recycle if cannot be reused

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com